Ahead of its debut at the North American International Auto Show, Chevrolet introduced the 2017 Cruze Hatchback. Developed with all the technologies and dynamic driving attributes of the all-new 2016 Cruze sedan, the new hatch adds a functional and sporty choice for customers. It joins Colorado and Trax as the latest Chevrolets to push into new segments.
The Cruze Hatch has the same, class-leading 106.3-inch (2,700 mm) wheelbase as sedan models, but features a unique roof and rear-end structure – including wraparound taillamps and an integrated spoiler at the top of the liftgate. It opens to offer 22.7 cubic feet (643 liters) of cargo space behind the rear seat. With the rear seat folded, cargo space expands to 47.2 cubic feet (1,336 liters).
“Chevrolet continues to innovate with the 2017 Cruze Hatch,” said Alan Gamblin of Gamblin Motors. “It will be sure to delight customers with its functional, sporty package offering distinctive styling, greater efficiency and easy-to-use technology.”
An all-new, more rigid and lighter architecture is the Cruze’s foundation for driving dynamism, while also playing a significant role in safety and efficiency. It is more than 200 pounds (91 kg) lighter than the previous-generation model due largely to a body structure that is 100 pounds lighter and an engine that’s 44 pounds (20 kg) lighter.
The Cruze lineup is offered in L, LS, LT and Premier – and a more expressive RS package, featuring unique front and rear fascias, rocker panels, rear spoiler, fog lamps and – on the Premier model – 18-inch wheels.
The 2017 Cruze Hatch will be offered in LT and Premier trims, and with the RS package.
- Segment-exclusive standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility via the MyLink radio systems and available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot
- More standard safety features than any other compact car – including Corolla and Civic – with available adaptive features including Lane Keep Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Park Assist
- Available Teen Driver feature helps support safe driving habits and offers driving statistics for parents
- Standard 1.4L turbo engine with direct injection and Stop/Start technologies, electric power steering and, on Premier models, a Z-link rear suspension
- Interior with midsize-level roominess, including two inches greater rear legroom than Ford Focus and Hyundai Elantra
- Available features include a heated steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, Athens leather-appointed seating surfaces, true French seams and halogen projector-beam headlamps with LED signature lighting.