Chevrolet is expanding the popular Midnight Special Edition with new models available on 2016 Silverado 1500 Z71 and 2016 Colorado Z71. With the addition of the Silverado 2500 HD Z71 which was introduced in September, customers now can select from midsize, light-duty and heavy duty Midnight editions. Each combines off-road equipment and monochromatic details, such as:
- Off-road suspension
- Locking rear differential
- Transfer case shield
- Hill Descent Control
- Aggressive Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac all-terrain tires
- All-black front end with body-colored grille, bumper, headlamp bezels, tow hooks and fog lamps
- Black side moldings and beltline moldings
- Black painted alloy wheels
- Special Z71 badges on the doors
- A spray-in bedliner (black, of course)
- And black Chevrolet bowties for the front and rear.
“The Silverado 1500 Midnight was very well received by our customers in 2015,” said Alan Gamblin “Offering the combination of off-road equipment with a bold, black appearance in three Z71 Midnight Special editions is sure to be a big hit again this year.”
For 2016, Chevrolet will offer three Z71 Midnight Special editions – on Colorado, Silverado 1500, and Silverado 2500 HD, each combining off-road equipment with a monochromatic black appearance. They join a growing portfolio of special-edition trucks whose popularity helped Chevrolet truck sales increase 27 percent last year – double the increase for the total truck market.
Truck fans know that nothing adds presence to a pickup like basic black. And Chevrolet is taking black to the next level with the Silverado Midnight special edition, on display starting today at the National Automobile Dealers Association Convention & Expo in San Francisco, and making its public debut February 14 at the Chicago Auto Show.
Beginning with a black Silverado Z71, the Midnight special edition adds:
- An all-black front end with body-colored grille, bumper, headlamp bezels, tow hooks and fog lamps;
- Black side moldings and beltline moldings;
- 18-inch black painted alloy wheels with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac all-terrain tires;
- Special Z71 badges on the doors;
- A spray-in bedliner (black, of course);
- And the finishing touches – black Chevrolet bowties front and rear.
Like all 2015 Silverado 1500 Z71s, Midnight special editions include off-road suspension, a locking rear differential, Hill Descent Control and a trailering package. Midnight special editions also include rear park assist and heated, power-adjusted outside rear-view mirrors.
Chevrolet will offer the Silverado Midnight special edition in either 1500 double-cab or crew-cab models. Up to 5,000 Midnight special editions will be produced for the 2015 model year. Gamblin Motors will be able order the trucks starting in February 2015. Package prices be $1,595 to $1,995, depending on the model. Give us a call to order yours today.